ServicesBrowse below to see more of our Services we provide.
Electric fences work great as a deterrent and is your best defence to ensure the perimeter of your home and business premises is secured. If you were ever in a position where you feel electric fences do not work, it either means the wrong fence was installed or your electric fence is not working properly and you should give us a call to come and take a look.
We install both game and security fences. Game fences are usually free-standing, 1.8m or 2.4m high, while security fences can be either wall-tops, piggy-back or free-standing.
Electric Fences and the Law
On 25 March 2011 the Minister of Labour issued a set of Electrical Machinery Regulations (“Regulations”).1 The Regulations contain several sections re Electric Fence installations, which further led to a South African National Standard, SANS 10222-3:2016 (‘’Standard”) being issued for Electric Fence installations.
Current requirement on Consumers
Home owners, complexes, farms and owners of commercial areas (“Consumers”) will now need to obtain a Certificate of Compliance specifically for their electric fence installations, in the same way a Certificate of Compliance is needed for the rest of your building’s electrical wiring.
This regulation is for the protection of all Consumers as well as any other third party. It ensures your Contractor has the necessary skill and knowledge to install a safe electric fence, is using the materials as specified in the Standard and following the correct safety procedures.
Effect of non-compliance
There has been reported cases of banks refusing to finance a home and insurance companies refusing to pay out claims in relation to electric fences which were not issued with a Certificate of Compliance. Furthermore, if anybody is injured by your electric fence or it causes some economic damage and your electric fence has not been issued a Certificate of Compliance the injured party will have a lawful claim against you. Finally, by law an inspector from the Department of Labour have the right to ask any Consumer with an Electric Fence for his/her Certificate of Compliance and if you do not have one to demand that the fence either be certified or removed.
If your fence was installed without a Certificate of Compliance
If your fence was installed without a Certificate of Compliance, your installer should still have followed the new Regulations. The most glaring additions the Government is enforcing now are proper lighting diverters be installed, proper earthing be done, barriers be put up for the safety of the public and maintenance of fences be taken much more serious by Consumers.
Nelspruit Fencing (Pty) Ltd (“NF”) will be happy to visit your premises and confirm what work (if any) needs to be done and, if your fence is compliant, to issue a Certificate of Compliance.
The new Standard has placed a responsibility on Consumers to maintain their electric fences. NF’s technicians will ensure Consumers know exactly what the law specifies regarding maintenance and will provide any assistance the Consumer requires.
- Notice No R. 250 and R. 251 of 2011. Section 43 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 grants the Minister this right.
There have been giant leaps in technology regarding what the average user as well as the large business owner can have in terms of CCTV Surveillance. The very large amount of options is accompanied by just as wide a range of costs.
A CCTV Surveillance System does not necessarily have to work on a network (which is an IP system), but can be run through only the DVR (Digital Video Recorder). We are able to advise which system best suits your needs and of course install it professionally. Generally, you have 3 types of security cameras: (a) bullet cameras (which can be used indoors or outdoors), (b) dome cameras (which are mostly used for indoors) and (c) PTZ cameras (Pan, tilt, zoom). PTZ cameras means you are able to change the direction and point of zoom of the camera using a joystick controller or software on a PC/Smart phone.
Functions & Features
- Remote viewing – When motion is detected the camera will send a text or an email to notify the user, who can then log on to the system with his phone or laptop to remotely view who is at the gate.
- Selective motion detection – That means the user can select which areas should trigger motion detection and which should not, e.g. with a gate in front of a busy road, the camera can be set to ignore the busy road, but will detect motion at the gate.
- Line crossing – This is similar to selective motion detection, however, it only activates if someone steps over a certain line, e.g. a line drawn at the door to the server room or some other secure are.
- Time zones – This is used in combination with Selective Motion Detection or Line Crossing, e.g. cameras can be set to detect motion at the front door of the office, but only send notifications if motion is detected after 17:00, additionally you can change the times for public holidays and can set-up each camera with a different time zone.
- Back Light Compensation – The ability of a camera to balance the lighting in the image it is recording with a very bright background, for example when your camera views an image in front of a window during the day, while the sun shines.
- Highlight Compensation – This is a function which reverses bright white points in an image to black, it is commonly used for license plate recognition.
- Privacy Masking – This feature allows you to block out certain parts of an image that is being recorded, i.e. the windows of a house next to the street entrance you are actually trying to record.
Whether you simply want a camera for the front door of your office or whether you need to run several cameras in a large warehouse or outside in a complex, with a capability to zoom in to fine details over a far distance or just need to record what is happening at one spot near the camera, Nelspruit Fencing will find you the correct solution for your needs and discuss the various options and costing proposals with you.
The intercom system which will be best for your premises will depend on how many sets need to link to one unit at the entrance, what is the distance between the entrance and where the various sets will be.
It should be taken into consideration that while the actual units and sets of a wireless intercom system is in fact quite expensive when compared to wired intercoms, the wired intercoms are more difficult to maintain and replace and will involve a considerable amount of extra labour.
However, the installation does depend purely on your needs and budget and Nelspruit Fencing will be sure to advise you accordingly.
Nelspruit Fencing can install any alarm system and if you believe it possible to, at some stage, sign with a security response company, we can advise you on the systems to use for easy sign-on with the response companies.
When installing an alarm system in your house, we will be able to advise you on the exact location of passives (the little red eye in you house that picks up movement) and other detectors to ensure you have in fact covered the entire area which you would like to have monitored.
There are inside passives and outside passives and we will be able to advise whether an outside passive is in fact necessary or not.
Mesh & Steel Fences
There are a variety of Mesh & Steel Fences available and we install all of them.
Mesh & Steel Fences
- ClearVu, De-Fence or Beta Fence: Known as the “Invisible Wall”. That is because the apertures are so small that it is extremely difficult (if not impossible) to cut open the fence and of course would be just as difficult to find a place where you can hold on to, to climb over the fence. However, the apertures still allow clear line of site for any security cameras in a CCTV Surveillance System to obtain proper images. Additionally, these products are galvanised and PVC coated, so practically immune to rust. Finally, it is very easy to add an electric fence on top for additional security.
- Palisade fence: Old-school security fence and still used often. We not only install brand new fences, we are also able to fix old fences so that you are able to extend the life of your palisade fence, by about another 10 years. Again, it is very easy to add an electric fence on top, or if you are worried some criminal manages to sneak through the openings in the palisade, you can add a piggy-back electric fence, for additional security.
- Razor Wire, Diamond mesh or Welded mesh: this is usually considered the least expensive option when it comes to fencing.
Our installations are done professionally and therefore still looks amazing.
- Refurbishment: We do excellent refurbishment of old steel fences and gates. We remove the rust, professionally spray/paint your palisade fence and/or steel gate and if parts of your fence is really a lost cause, we see if it is possible to only replace parts of it. This is, of course your most cost-effective solution. A fence refurbished by us, will have the same life span it did when you first installed it, but at a fraction of the cost.
Several customers have opted for outside perimeter beams. These will trigger your alarm if somebody walks through a set of beams.
For those who have pets, there are options to ensure a dog running around in your yard will not be able to set off the beams.
Nelspruit Fencing will be able to advise you on whether it is needed and if so the cost, so you have all the necessary facts to make an informed decision.
Nelspruit Fencing provides a variety of automation services.
- Gate Motor
There are specific types of motors to use for the assorted sizes and types of gates. Nelspruit Fencing will also take into consideration how frequently the gate will be opened or closed in a day. While you may be more certain of the performance of a gate motor which can pull a 2,000 kg gate, 200 times a day, for your office, home or complex, it will be extremely expensive, while your needs can be met with a motor of the same quality, but less expensive.
It is imperative to ensure you have beams at your gate, in the event the gate is being closed while a car is there, or a person is standing in the way of the gate. A working set of beams will detect either a car or a person standing in the path of the gate and will open it again. In addition to the gate motor we are also able to install the gate itself.
- Garage Door Motor
The same principal applies to garage door motors as to gate motors: be sure you use the correct product for your needs. There are several types of garage doors and it should be considered when deciding which motor to use. Nelspruit Fencing always recommend having battery back-up for your garage door motor, as well as a lever (which works with a key from outside the door) which you can use to open your garage door in the event the motor breaks down. In addition to the garage door motors, we are also able to install the garage door itself.
- Vehicle Barriers
Vehicle barriers (or boom gates) are generally used at office complexes, entrances to underground parking or entrances to complexes where there is a security guard close by. Consumers have 3 choices: fixed, 1800 jack-knife and barrier fence. This gate coupled with the loop technology for the exit barrier, which opens the barrier as a car reaches a certain point close to the barrier, is ideal for any business or complex.
Nelspruit Fencing provides various access control systems.
Access Control Systems
- Keypad, Card Reader, Biometric System
Putting restriction on access to either an office building, complex or a specific room in a house or office (e.g. a server room) has become much more sophisticated than a mere keypad. In addition to the card / tag readers, we also have biometric scanning systems. Nelspruit Fencing does all these installations and advise our customers on the best option for their requirement as well as the costs associated with each option. Typically, the less sophisticated a system, the less it costs, however, if you are only 3 people using a specific type of access restriction, it makes sense to install a keypad, as the wear and tear on the buttons will not be as fast as an office with 100 users. If you have frequent visitors who need to access a restricted space, a card / tag may be more appropriate as it is easy to obtain it back, without having to add or delete fingerprints to a system.
- Guard Tracking
It is now common-place in a complex or office building where security is taken very seriously to have a guard tracking system. This entails having certain points on a premise where a guard needs to check in every few hours or so, depending on the guard scheduling and how often he/she is expected to make their rounds on your premises. Nelspruit Fencing will advise on locations for these points and ensure you have the correct system to fulfil your requirements.
Repairs & Refurbishment
Nelspruit Fencing understands when a security product is broken, consumers do not feel safe and we therefore treat repairs to installations done by other companies as just as important as quotes for new installations.
We will give you safe, sound and economical advice regarding your broken installation. Additionally, check out our refurbishment section in the Mesh & Steel Fence part of the Services tab.
Car Ports & Awnings
In order to protect your car from the elements (hail in Nelspruit!) we install steel car ports specific to your needs taking into consideration where your car is usually parked on your premises and the available space. If you only want some extra shading next to your house, we also install steel awnings, again, according to your specific needs.
Certificate of Compliance
Nelspruit Fencing will provide you with a Certificate of Compliance for work completed.
Sales & Technical
+27 (0)74 104 6028
+27 (0)74 104 6087
While doing repairs and generally driving around the Lowveld we have noted a few common mistakes made when electric fences are installed. These electric fence mistakes are made by installers who are not properly trained, and which mistakes will impact negatively on...